22 August 2013

Rabbit Rabbit Radio


 Cormac McCarthy had been publishing books for years before he had a best seller.   He would write a book and the publisher would print 5000 copies.  It would sell about 1000 and the rest were remaindered or worst, pulped.   When he did get famous, droves of people came up to him and swore they had been reading him for years.  McCarthy did the math and soon realized this was not true.  If all of those people had been reading and buying his work, he would have been on the best seller list from the start. 

Every couple of years I run into Matthias Bossi at a wedding or a really great party.  I always tell him I love his music and I love Carla Kihlstedt's music.  I tell him I listened to Tin Hat back when they were a trio.  He smiles, but I can't help but think he is doing that Cormac McCarthy math.

Well, today, the New York Times ran an article about Matthias and Carla and their subscription radio service, Rabbit Rabbit Radio.  Check it out.


Really, Matthias, Still You Lay Dreaming is one of my faves.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a plan! I shall listen, for sure. Thanks! Reggie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin