21 November 2012

Not In Kansas...


I was expecting my friend, Ann, to arrive on Tuesday for Thanksgiving.  She called to say she would be unable to arrive on Tuesday as she had to work today.  What could possibly be more important than my Thanksgiving?


"I have to oversee the installation of Dorothy's Ruby Slippers."


OK that is not an excuse one hears too often.  The Ruby Slippers had been waiting in the wings for a new resting place at the Smithsonian and this morning, they were set into their new home.


Kermit the Frog was also set in place.

Those tasks being accomplished, Ann set out for Thanksgiving. 

If you are traveling today, have a safe trip and say hello to Auntie Em.

3 comments:

  1. Are they just open to the public and elements or under protective Perspex or glass? Curious. I hope she felt magic! You as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some of my favorite objects in this museum which I generally avoid because of all of the tourists. I hope they kept Archie's chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty slippers! I vsited the Smithsonian's Museum of American History (where, I believe, the slippers now once again reside) over the summer. Much of it was closed for renovations, including Julia Childs' kitchen. Happey to learn these exhibits are reopening. And yes, that is one of the (very) few acceptable excuses for missing a party! Reggie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin